24th May 1956 – South Cairns AFL was formed at Balaclava School and they were know as the Swans.
First club to win the Cairns Australian Football League (CAFL), Premiership here in Cairns.
1963 Due to finances and player numbers in 1963 Souths and Balaclava amalgamated to become South Balaclava AFC and were called the Swans The home ground was at Australian Football park ( Cazalys Stadium) where they won 4 consecutive premierships from 1963-1966.
1987 The club moved to the Cairns Cricketers Club sports world in 1987 and became incorporated in 1991.
1992 A permanent home was secured at Fretwell Park, Edmonton and they changed their name to South Cairns Australian Football and Sporting Club.
1995 Changed their colours to red and green and became the South Cairns Cutters.
2008 The juniors were incorporated.
2012 The upstairs club house was burnt down by two local youths aged just 16 years.
2015 CAFL – building begins on a new club house for South Cairns.
2016 The South Cairns sport club officially Opens June 11th 2016